I’m directing this article to those who are just starting their eBay Selling Venture. Whether you’re selling books, DVDs, CDs, collectibles or clothing, everything things (with the exception of eBooks and services) postulate to be mailed. And it’s the postage, handling fees and mailing that appears to grounds a good deal of angst amid fresh sellers. You’ve heard the advice don’t overcharge for shipping. That is very wonderful advice, indeed, as nothing turns off likely buyers like sellers who gouge you on the shipping costs. It’s besides a practise that can rack up poor feedback. Nonetheless, I’m going to play Devil’s Advocate here and advise that you don’t go overboard and consecrate indeed very much of a break on shipping that you’re chipping away at your profits. It’s wonderful to think the hidden costs of shipping: bubble wrap to control your breakables, tape, shipping envelopes, boxes, etc. Then there’s the gas you put in your automobile to take all those trips to the post office. You may imagine I’m being cheap, simply, whilst you added up everything your eBay expenses for the year (as more or less did for their recent taxes) you might be shocked to see how all the packing materials and gas for your auto added up and bore a little chunk out of your eBay profits. And, believe me, they do add up. More or less souls are all the same more surprised to find they underestimated the weight of their packages, causing their profits to shrink in addition multiply. How can you be fair to both you and your buyers?
1. Buy a scale. It might sizeable simple, only purchasing a scale can save you a bundle in shipping. While you’re only eyeballing the weight of the package, you can frequently times imagine as well low, and be in for quite a shock whenever you go to the post office and see the package is going to cost twice what you idea to ship.
2. Cognize the dimensions of your packaging before listing the item. More or less packages cost more to ship as of their dimensions. Knowing the weight exclusively isn’t adequate.
3. Offer the buyer a variety of shipping methods. Or so prefer speedy delivery with Express mailing, though approximately prefer to save cash with parcel post as well altho the wait is longer. It’s at all times a amazing idea whilst using parcel post or other slower ground shipping to alert the buyer by email that it can take anywhere from 8 to 10 days.
4. Save yourself money anytime potential by using boxes that have been used. Most stores are more than happy to let you rummage through their old boxes and take or so home with you. But, execute retrieve to pick out boxes that are presentable, insure and strong plenty for your items. And, while you’ve breakables, don’t skimp on the bubble wrap.
5. Give yourself a small handling fee that will cover your expenses. Some sellers add on an additional $1 or $2 to the shipping fees for their handling fees (depending on the cost of the item and how very much packaging you’ve to utilise). I clearly advocate doing this for your expenses will add up if you execute much of selling on eBay. Be certain to be upfront with your buyers that you have a small handling fee in truth they can’t complain just about it after. Being fair to both yourself and your buyer will keep you both happy, and keep more of your income in your pocket.